Saturday, September 25, 2010

Stay On the Sunny Side of Life....

I am up at an ungodly hour and have been doing this for about a week.  I am soooo not a morning person, and  don't understand. At least this time I can use this normal annoyance for good. I won't have any time to write tomorrow...we're doing the family thing on our way home from the beach. So I decided I would tell you a short funny story, and then try to go back to sleep. So, here goes....
     I had gotten back from a 3 month stay at the Meninger Clinic, but came back worse than when I got there. I had tried again to commit suicide (I promise the funny thing is coming up) again, and I was still hallucinating big time.  My parents had decided to take me to a University hospital because they had an outpatient program that was supposed to really help people with my diagnosis. The head of the program took me alone into her sizable office. I was hallucinating really badly that day and couldn't really concentrate. So, she asked both of my parents to come in and talk. Keep in  mind, I couldn't tell the real from the unreal.  But I knew that my friend Marx was sitting in the middle of the therapist's couch. Well, when mom and dad came in (my mom is 5'7" and my dad is 6'4" - I do not come from a small family), the room quickly became quicker. Mom sat in one chair, and guess where dad sat??? Yep...right in Marx's lap.  I totally freaked then, but we laugh about it now.  My poor dad squished himself all the way over as far as he could on the couch just for me.  I guess that's what daddy's do for their crazy daughter.  Can you imagine? And then there's the time that I couldn't quit hallucinating...I was in horrible shape. So I went into another hospital, called my mom and told her about all the crazy people that were there.  "how could they have done this to me?" I don't see things and I'm definitely not crazy. I have so many stories like that that could keep you rolling for days. They're the things I think of when I'm having a rough day. It's God's way of punching holes through my darkness. I just thought you might enjoy that. I'll be able to upload more pics of Agnes and my artwork when I get home.  I can't wait to see my baby with 4 furry legs and a tail like a whip. Night.